Getting to RHODES by plane: Airlines services operate to and from with most major European cities. Many more, operate several Flights every day, to and from Rhodes Island. From there are scheduled flights to Rhodes several times (5 - 6) a day.
The island airport is situated 16 kilometers off the city of Rhodes. In most cases, the traveler will need to switch planes at the Athens E. Venizelos Airport or Thessaloniki's Makedonia Airport in order to fly to Rhodes. During the summer and autumn months, however, many charter planes from mostly European cities operate directly to Rhodes.
Major greek airlines that fly to Rhodes from Athens are Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air. They both offer online booking. Typical flight times from Athens to Rhodes are 50 minutes to 1 hour. Flights operate a variety of domestic destinations, including Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Mykonos.
Detailed information regarding Athens Airport access is available here.
Getting to RHODES by boat: The island can be reached by boat from Piraeus. For a normal ferry the needed time is between 15 and 17 hours while for a High speed ferry the travel time is between 11 and 13 hours. If you consider the possibility of reaching Rhodes by boat you can find information about boat schedules and prices at the following web address: http://www.gtp.gr/
You can reach the port of Piraeus directly from Athens International Airport using:
1. The suburban railway service called 'Proastiakos'
2. The Express Bus X96 running between Piraeus Port and the Airport. The Bus Station is just outside the arrival terminal exit.
3. The Metro: using line 2 from the Airport to Monastiraki Metro Station. There you need to change to line 1 (Piraeus direction) and get off at the last stop in front of the Port.
4. Taxi. Taxi's are available outside the arrival terminal exit. Cost of transit depends on the traffic.
Transportation in Rhodes:
1. The city bus schedule from Rhodes to Ialyssos and inversely can be found at: http://www.rhodes-transport.gr/ialyssos_b.php On Sunday evening, after the reception, the city buses leave from Rhodes town up until 23:00 (or even later). The departure point is opposite to Alpha Bank Near the central Cyprus Square (Platia Kyproy) about 10-15 minutes walk from the Old Town where the reception will take place.
2. Another option is to take a taxi from either the taxi station at the exit of the old town near the Pyli Eleftherias (Feedom Gate) or teh taxi station a few meters further down at Mandraki Square. Indicative cost of a taxi from Rhodes down town to Ixia area, where the Rodos Palace hotel is located, is 8 euros. Please take a look at: http://www.rhodes-transport.gr/rhodes_t.php